Last week at IWT blog my wife Emily was talking about Why building a website helps you get potential customers.
We are continuing our series on how to be found online in order to get potential customers. I’ll just do a quick reminder of the four things that will help you accomplish that:
- Build Your Website
- Build A Social Media Presence
- Create A Google My Business Account
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization
Over the next few weeks, we will be diving in to each of these areas that help you attract potential customers.
One of the first things you need to do is to make sure you not only have a website, but make sure your website is well structured, well designed, and easy to navigate.
A business tells much of their story through a site. In fact, it might help to think of your website as the face of your company.
You want people to remember and recognize your business in the few seconds they have as they visit your site, so there are several factors to think about:
- Hosting: People are more likely to hang around when they are not waiting for the page to load. You’ll want to have fast loading speeds to help people want to dive in to the services and products you have to offer.
- Cutting Edge Design: Help your customers remember you through a cutting edge design on your site to provide them the best picture of the services you offer. You want to create a unique look and design that is tailored to your brand and that stands out from others in your area of expertise.
- Mobile Responsiveness: You want to make sure that your website has the capability to adjust to many different screen sizes. It can be frustrating for potential clients if a website can only function well in desktop, especially when sites were viewed by mobile viewers on average 80% of the time in 2021.
- Remember that consistency across platforms is key: Create consistent messaging and branding across all social media and online platforms. If customers hear the same message and see the same graphics across multiple avenues, they are more likely to remember it. It takes people on average 3-7 times to see or hear something before it registers! When you have similar graphics, logos, and colors across social media and your site, you start to create brand awareness.
All of that sounds great, but where do you start? Instant Web Tools can help you go step by step whether you are just building a site or you have one that needs to meet the ever changing trends in design and functionality.
-We’ll ask questions like:
-What do you want your site to look like?
-What pages will be the central point of your site?
-What do you want people to know, and what do you want them to contact you about to find out more?
-Do you want to sell anything on your site?
As we go through this process, we’ll help you find the right layout and then we’ll work together as you give content and pictures to help effectively share with others about who you are. We can also help design logos and graphics for your company as part of our full-service web development company.
Conclusion: In order to gain potential customers when people find your business online, remember these 4 key points:
Instant Web Tools would love to be a part of helping you gain potential customers. Get more information and contact us today by visiting instantwebtools.com where you’ll see other customers who have taken the step to refine and design their online presence.